Consumer Reports: best shopping sites & apps | Business
Consumer Reports' ShopSmart magazine has ranked the top five shopping sites and apps of 2012.
"We’ve combed through countless shopping sites and apps to find the very best ones to help shoppers save even more in the new year,” said ShopSmart's Editor-In-Chief Lisa Lee Freeman.
TOP 5 SHOPPING SITES:
* CouponBlender.com. An aggregate site that highlights the best deals from multiple coupon sites.
* HandBagHeaven.com. Deep discount bags, plus free shipping on purchases over $50.
* MyGroceryDeals.com. Enter your grocery list in the Quick Shop tool, and it should find the lowest prices on those items at stores in your area.
* TechBargains.com. Deals on electronics and gift cards.
* TheBudgetBabe.com. Find celebrity and designer fashion at discounted prices.
TOP 5 SHOPPING APPS:
* CardStar. Consolidates users' store loyalty cards into one app and helps get in-store discounts when presented at checkout (Android, Apple, Blackberry, Windows).
* Grocery Smarts Coupon Shopper. It matches store circulars with manufacturers' coupons (Android).
* RetailMeNot. Score coupon codes when shopping select retailers via your smart phone (Apple).
* ShopKick. Earn user points when you enter a participating retailer's location, then cash points in for free products, meals or services (Android, Apple).
* Walgreens. ShopSmart declared Walgreens the best health care app -- refill prescriptions, medication reminders and coupon access.